Areas of Expertise:Energy Efficiency
Matt Jordan is the Program Manager for CLASP’s Global Lighting and Energy Access Partnership (LEAP) efforts. Prior to joining CLASP, Matt was the Program Director of OurEnergyPolicy.org, where he was responsible for programmatic and strategic initiatives, as well as day-to-day operational management.
Matt has researched and consulted on a variety of energy policy issues, the ENERGY STAR® program, market structure under California's GHG cap-and-trade scheme, PACE financing, White Certificate markets, and economic development through strategic renewable energy deployment.
Matt previously worked in political advocacy on several issues. Most notably, he served as Grassroots Coordinator for California's Proposition 71, a successful ballot initiative that provided $3 billion for stem cell research. After the initiative's victory Matt joined the campaign's leadership in founding The Alliance for Stem Cell Research.
Matt holds a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Colgate University and a Master of Public Policy Analysis from the University of California, Berkeley.
Recent Posts by Matthew Jordan
Recent Comments by Matthew Jordan
- "An interesting update on this issue: Analysts are predicting that industrial lobbying could lead to a cap on U.S. natural gas exports.
Enthusiasm and Concern over Natural Gas Exports
- "Dr. Perelman: An interesting and related update on this topic, specifically related to the Fukushima disaster, is featured in the "
Energy Policy & Environmental Risk
- "Senator Bernie Sanders had an interesting, relevant op-ed on CNN.com yesterday.
What impact would regulating, or barring, "
Obama: No ‘Silver Bullet’ for Gas Prices
- "A PowerPoint outlining Dr. Brown's ana"
The High Cost of Clean Energy Standards without Efficiency
Natural Gas and Hydrofracking
- " The complete version of A Call to Action is available here: http://bit.ly/oH4JbG"
A Call to Action
- " Full report available here."
A Business Plan for America’s Energy Future
- " Full text available here."
Blueprint for a Secure Energy Future
- " More on this report available here."
Alternative Fuels for Military Applications
- "Many of the ideas/recommendations covered in this report are discussed in the 11/29/"