Chief Strategy Officer and SVP for Policy
American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE)
Areas of Expertise:Biofuels, Clean Energy, Energy Economics, Renewables, Solar, Wind
Todd Foley, Chief Strategy Officer, leads strategic integration of policy development, research, external communications and interaction with Federal and state government and regulatory officials. He has over 25 years experience in Federal and state policy, renewable energy market design and business development. Prior to joining ACORE, he directed global and US policy, market development and communications for BP Solar. He also served in several US government positions, including the White House, US Senate, US EPA and OSHA. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), the Solar Alliance, Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) and the Texas Renewable Energy Industries Associations (TREIA). He received his B.S. from Boston College and law degree from the Washington College of Law at American University.
Recent Posts by Todd Foley
- Will State Policies Adjust to Attract Renewable Energy Investment?
- How Do Utilities Survive And Thrive With Distributed Generation?
Recent Comments by Todd Foley
- "The US Department of Energy is well-known for playing an important role over many years in supporting the development of renewable energy at the R&"
Grid Reliability: What Congress Can Learn From New York’s REV Initiative
- "Our nation’s energy infrastructure is massive, impressive – and in serious need of improvement. Congress needs to do more to give proper attention to "
Energy Transformation: Finding Policy and Finance Solutions
- "• America’s power system is outdated. Seventy five percent of coal plants are over 30 years old. The entire system — from transmission lines, local d"
The Challenges Of Integrating Renewables On To The Grid