NERA Economic Consulting
Areas of Expertise:Climate Change, Energy Economics, Energy Security, Environmental Policy, Natural Gas, Oil, R&D, Regulation, Tax Policy
Dr. Montgomery has a PhD in economics from Harvard University and more than 40 years experience in analysis of energy and environmental policy. His most recent work has involved using sophisticated economic models to assess the impacts of U.S. crude oil and natural gas exports on global markets and the U.S. economy. He served as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy in the Department of Energy and Assistant Director for Natural Resources and Commerce at the Congressional Budget Office, and taught economics at Caltech and Stanford. Dr Montgomery has testified frequently before Congressional Committees on policies affecting oil and gas markets as well as his other area of internationally recognized expertise, the economics of global warming. He recently retired as Senior Vice President of NERA Economic Consulting.
Recent Comments by David Montgomery
- "Far from revealing any vulnerability of our fueling infrastructure, Harvey has shown how resilient the oil and gas distribution system is and how well"
Harvey Highlighted Vulnerability of Nation’s Fuel Infrastructure
- "Lets not go overboard on the requirements of some great transition to renewable energy that shows little sign of happening. The shale revolution make"
Do We Have the Talent to Manage America’s Energy Needs?
- "I disagree with the entire thrust of the discussion so far. The economic obstacle to more widespread use of biofuels and electric vehicles is that th"
Increasing U.S. Energy Security and Reducing Greenhouse Gases in the Transportation Sector: Electricity vs. Biofuels
- "Increased emphasis on the adverse effects of climate change that will occur whether or not action is taken to reduce global emissions is entirely a go"
Loss and Damage under the UNFCCC
- "The reasons why removing the ban on crude oil exports will benefit the American economy, improve energy security and lower gasoline prices have been w"
End the Crude Oil Export Ban