Areas of Expertise:Clean Energy, Climate Change, Energy Economics, Energy Efficiency, Environment, Environmental Policy, Infrastructure, Innovation, Renewables, Smart Grid, Solar, Transportation, Water, Wind
Additional Areas of Expertise:
Sustainability, Resilience, Energy efficiency
Mike Dieterich is a LEED Accredited Professional, environmental scientist, bestselling author, and award winning producer. Over the past decade, he has written policies and programs that support sustainable development. His efforts have culminated in the success of passing historic sustainability efforts in Washington DC.
Dieterich has been called upon as an expert for the US Congress, United Nations Climate Action Forum and has led conversations at Georgetown and Carnegie Mellon Universities. His efforts have been featured in The New York Times and various national broadcast outlets. Most recently, his Tedx talk, “A Zero Energy Water Waste Future” focused on the future of energy, water and waste in our built environment.
Recent Comments by Mike Dieterich
- "It surprises me that the gas companies don't view fugitive emissions as lost profit. Wouldn't it be in their best interest to monetize the emissions?
Fugitive Emissions and the Future of Gas
1. The best way to craft policies is to provide a goal. Set an energy efficiency goal to reduce consumption by X. Then provide a list of pra"
Extreme Weather Grid Threats
- "I'm currently working on this issue in the Caribbean. There is a mechanism with Public-Private Partnerships. Including conversation with insurance com"
Greater Resilience in a Climate-Enhanced World
- "I think the solution is going to be addressed in the Tech Economy of the future. EV Uber or some version. Most people who live in the city are giving "
Harvey Highlighted Vulnerability of Nation’s Fuel Infrastructure
- "Offshore Wind has great potential to generate clean energy. The majority of cities are along the coast.and since the wind blows day and night. It is i"
Policymaker Support Key to Offshore Wind Prospects in U.S.
- "This is part of the process. We were able to predict and prepare for this event and we did it without interruption. This is part of our growing pains "
Grid Passes Eclipse Test
- "Morgan Stanley reported that Trump or no Trump, “we expect the US to exceed the Paris commitment of a 26 to 28 percent reduction in its 2005-level car"
The Future of Fossil Fuels: Trailing and Leading Indicators
Solar Hot Water might make an impact. I would argue that shading the southern facades of the high rises with solar PV would have a significa"
How to Pack More Power into NYC’s Energy-Efficiency Bill Package
- "Renewable energy and technology are constantly changing. The application of renewables needs to be integrated with current utility infrastructure. We"
Climate Scientists Challenge ‘100% Renewables’ Paper
- "The Paris agreement is one of the best opportunities the US has for trade, business development, and leadership.
If we remain in the agreement. Thi"
What are the Implications of Exiting Paris?