Areas of Expertise:Carbon Capture and Sequestration, Clean Energy, Climate Change, Energy Economics, Environmental Policy, Natural Gas, Power Sector, Renewables, Wind
Cofounder of energy research platform Spark Library. Occasional academic work on renewable energy and natural gas. Previously did market analysis for oil, electricity, and natural gas.
Recent Posts by Alex Gilbert
- PG&E Bankruptcy Sparks Debate on Policy Implications
- Pricing Grid Resiliency: A Lifeline for Coal and Nuclear?
- Are Wholesale Electricity Markets Working?
Recent Comments by Alex Gilbert
- "Hi Ed,
Good question. Under California law, wild fire liability is treated under a strict liability standard. This recent story describes the issue i"
PG&E Bankruptcy Sparks Debate on Policy Implications
- "Its a really interesting question. A few thoughts.
First, increasing deployment of existing technologies in no way precludes R&D. It is often p"
Policies for Today’s Greenhouse Gains and Tomorrow’s Challenges?
- "One of the first and most important things is to integrate water resources into energy planning. Energy models used for long-term planning by governme"
Solutions to Energy-Water Conflicts