Areas of Expertise:Climate Change, Environmental Policy, Nuclear, R&D
Additional Areas of Expertise:
Logic, information theory, logical principles in the design and management of a scientific study, fallacies in global warming arguments
Amateur climatologist and author of two peer-reviewed articles in the literature of global warming climatology, professional designer and manager of numerous scientific studies, critic of the logical basis for prevailing policy on the global warming phenomenon.
- Designed components of light water reactors, breeder reactors and fusion reactors for the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and General Electric Company
- Designed and managed research on nuclear reactor materials as project manager for the Electric Power Research Institute
- Headed research on cogeneration for the Electric Power Research Institute
Registered professional engineer, Nuclear Engineering, State of California
BME, Mechanical Engineering, Cornell University
MSE, Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
MSEE, Electrical Engineering, Santa Clara University
Areas of expertise:
General systems theory
The problem of induction
Information theory for systems control
Design of heat engines
Models that deliver no information to a regulatory agency making regulation by this agency physically impossible
The role of methodological error in the planning and execution of energy research and development
Global warming climatology
Recent Comments by Terry Oldberg
- "In posting to this blog and responding to the call by the House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis for citizen input, I 've been disappointed to o"
Climate RFI: Decarbonizing Electricity with Standards,Taxes, and Transmission Lines
Before making an Energy policy an agency of government should address an epistemological issue. The issue is of whether the argument that is"
The Need for a Diverse Approach to Energy
- "In the hay day of nuclear power I worked as a researcher in the field of nuclear reactor materials science. In my research I discovered a mistake in o"
Nuclear Power Safety Risks
- "The Principles for National Climate Action are based upon the false premise that there is a scientific basis for Climate Action. I have conducted an i"
Principles for National Climate Action
- "My comments respond to the question of: “What should be the role of carbon capture and utilization technology in addressing climate change?” Currently"
USE IT Act: Reducing Emissions Through Carbon Use Innovation, Not Regulation
- "Currently no emissions-related policy has scientific support. The widely held belief that an emissions related policy does have support is based upon "
Clean Energy Policy Must Leverage the Private Sector
- "Currently, the proposition that we should address climate change by building nuclear power reactors is based on a couple of bad arguments. One of thes"
The Clean Energy Puzzle Needs Nuclear
- "This topic is based on a false premise. The premise is that the conservative and progressive policy wonks are correct in their belief that it is appro"
After Two Defeats in Washington State, Where Next For A Carbon Tax?
- "This discussion topic is based upon a false premise. The premise is that climate "scientists" have determined that a policy of reducing emissions of c"
California: Carbon-Free by 2045?
- "Dan Miller:
Your understanding is mistaken but your mistake is understandable in view of past applications of the equivocation fallacy by the UN-IP"
Energy Security Must Be High On The Agenda