University of Arizona
Areas of Expertise:Clean Energy, Climate Change, Energy Economics, Environmental Policy, Regulation
Additional Areas of Expertise:
The Effect of Oil Price on United Arab Emirates Goods Trade Deficit with the United States, 18 Energy Studies Review 42-63 (2011). Trade in Oil and Export Restrictions: Taking the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries to the WTO Court, 14 European Journal of Law Reform 17-43 (2012).
Bashar Malkawi is a Researcher with a Ph. D. from American University, Washington DC. He has a BSc and an MSc in Environmental Studies from University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona. His research experience includes sustainability of renewables, renewables and energy efficiency policy analyses, and climate change. He has a number of publications on energy and climate change.
Recent Comments by Bashar Malkawi
- "No doubt that COVID 19 is creating enrgy insecurity. People lost their jobs, companies are out of business, and economy is not doing well. The policy "
- "Climate change indeed has not been taken seriously enough by society, something unfortunate. We are still debating the science where we should rather "
Climate Perspectives and The Future of Energy
- "The problem of environmental pollution resulting from the exploitation of fossil energy and the increasing demand for fossil energy, espec is the most"
The Problem with Renewable Energy Subsidies
- "Congressman Yoho:
Do you still plan to transport via the FECRR Right-of-way, through every small town on the East Coast of Florida. Bashar H. Malkawi"
A Big Step for Small-Scale LNG
- "Demand is to increase faster than any other kind of energy. Bashar Malkawi"
Reducing the Energy Burden on Low-Income Americans
- "The aim is to be on a 1.5°C pathway, the U.S. must achieve a net-zero carbon profile economy-wide by around mid-century, going negative
Climate RFI: Decarbonizing Electricity with Standards,Taxes, and Transmission Lines
- "Clean energy technology is an important tool to ensure clean energy substitution. Key technologies such as wind power forecasts, dispatch technology f"
Critical Minerals: The Achilles Heel of America’s Clean Energy Future?
- "A viable climate change solution needs to be big and lasting. This policy puts a fee on fossil fuels like coal, oil, and gas. It starts low, and grows"
Time for a Price on Carbon
- "financing will likely evolve as a more prominent part of battery storage projects, as new technologies develop and lenders become more comfortable wit"
A Grand Challenge to Commercialize Energy Storage