The state of nuclear: current challenges and opportunities
Friday, May 7 | 2:00 – 3:00 pm ET | via Zoom webinar
What does nuclear energy look like in the U.S. today and where is it headed? During this inaugural webinar for the NARUC-U.S. Department of Energy Nuclear Energy Partnership, speakers will provide:
· A high-level introduction to the existing nuclear power fleet;
· An overview of state and federal regulation of nuclear power;
· Current challenges faced by the existing nuclear fleet; and
· Opportunities for the advancement of nuclear energy.
The webinar will evaluate state and federal regulatory and policy landscapes, nuclear reactor technologies, solutions to manage waste, and the role of nuclear energy in achieving climate goals. Time will be reserved for Q&A. The webinar will be moderated by Commissioner Anthony O’Donnell of Maryland, and Commissioner Tim Echols of Georgia.
– Matthew Crozat, Senior Director, Business Policy, Nuclear Energy Institute
– Heather Feldman, Director, Nuclear Innovation, Electric Power Research Institute
– Jessica Lovering, Founder, Good Energy Collective