Resources for the Future – Capacity Markets and the Clean Electricity Transition
Join Resources for the Future (RFF) on Wednesday, May 11, for an in-depth discussion on the role capacity markets can play in the transition to a decarbonized electricity system. This event will feature a conversation on a new book, Electricity Capacity Markets, by Todd Aagaard and Andrew Kleit, which provides key insights into the design and regulation of capacity markets—past, present, and future. A panel of experts will then discuss the role of capacity markets in an evolving electricity sector, the impact of widespread electrification on the role of capacity markets, the implications of climate policy, and more.
- Todd Aagaard, Villanova University, Resources for the Future
- Andrew Kleit, Pennsylvania State University
- Melissa Lavinson, Exelon
- Thomas Rutigliano, Sustainable FERC, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Kathleen Spees, The Brattle Group
- Karen Palmer, Resources for the Future (Moderator)