PERSONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU
We do not automatically collect any personally identifiable information. Nor does OurEnergyPolicy specifically ask or knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. We obtain personal information about you ONLY if you elect to give us that information and for the sole purpose of allowing you to upload and post content on our Web sites and to create a book or product. We collect personal information when you register to our Web sites, respond to a survey on our Web sites and/or our Corporate Blog, use our customer service, purchase merchandise and/or when you communicate with us electronically. Following is the personal information that we may collect from you on one of our Web sites:
- First name, last name and middle initial
- E-mail Address
- User ID Name
- Phone Number
- Address and/or Zip Code
- Secret word or answer to a personal question
- Personal description
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
OurEnergyPolicy does not sell or share your personal information with non-affiliated third-parties.
If you provide personal information to OurEnergyPolicy, we may use it in the following limited ways:
- OurEnergyPolicy may use your name and email and postal address to send you information advising you of our upcoming events, new publications, features and OurEnergyPolicy Web site and other related information. You can manage your Notification Preferences through your account which can be accessed by clicking on My Account on any webpage.
- OurEnergyPolicy will use your name and email address to notify you of discussion activity related to comments you placed.
- OurEnergyPolicy may use personal information for internal purposes, to make our Web site more useful to users.
- OurEnergyPolicy provides certain trusted third parties that we retain for the provision of technical or other services with access to personal information. However, third parties retained by OurEnergyPolicy to provide such services are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are not authorized to use this information for any purpose other than providing those services.
OurEnergyPolicy will disclose personally identifiable information if required by law to do so. OurEnergyPolicy will not share or sell your personally identifiable information to third parties who provide products, promotions and services.
WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT AND STORE NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to make our site more interesting and useful to you, we use standard browser (HTML) technology and cookies to automatically collect information on our site. Cookies are pieces of information that our Web site sends to your computer while you are viewing our Web site and are only used for users who have registered on our Web site. You may choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies through your browser settings. If you turn off your ability to receive cookies from our site, you won’t get the benefits of some of the features offered on OurEnergyPolicy Web site. As with most Web sites that you visit, the OurEnergyPolicy Web site automatically collects and stores the following information about your visit:
- service provider from which you access the Internet
- domain name from which you access the Internet
- date and time you access our website
- which pages you visit
- Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website
We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our Web site more useful to registered users. We cannot identify you from this information. However, we will combine this information with personally identifiable information to identify a visitor in order to enforce compliance with our User Agreement or to protect our Web site, guests or others.
APPLICABILITY OF POLICY
OurEnergyPolicy goes to great lengths to protect the confidentiality and integrity of any personal information you share with us over the Internet.
Our Web site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of the information under our control. OurEnergyPolicy treats personal data as critical assets that must be guarded at all times against loss and unauthorized access. Our server is encrypted to information submitted via the forms on our Web site. Our Web server is located in a locked, secure environment. All databases containing personal information are securely stored and protected behind a firewall.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
OurEnergyPolicy will discontinue contact with any person upon oral or written request. Those wishing to receive communications from OurEnergyPolicy can make that option during the registration process or by changing your permission settings in My Account.