Job Posting: Program Director
OurEnergyPolicy (OEP) is seeking a Program Director to join its team in Washington, D.C. This role will be responsible for overseeing OEP’s day-to-day operations, including managing program staff, coordinating with contractors and organizational partners, developing and expanding programmatic efforts, and executing the vision of leadership staff. This position will report to the President and provide leadership and support across all organizational activities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kevin Mehren at email@example.com.
- Lead a team in an entrepreneurial environment to support and advance the OEP mission of building a broad-based, non-partisan platform hosting substantive dialogue on energy policy issues.
- Manage staff across the three major programmatic arms of OurEnergyPolicy
- The Energy Leaders Event Series (Live and digital events)
- Expert Insights (Op-ed series)
- The OurEnergyLibrary (Expansive, free-to-use library for resources on energy issues)
- Lead and direct staff in interactions with Legislative offices, Partners, Industry leaders, and members of the OEP community.
- Work with team to develop and produce live events. (Identify topic, speakers, and schedule)
- Oversee and coordinate interactions with event participants, venues, and service providers
- Coordinate and support development activities (crafting deliverables for partners, creating invoices, tracking partnership renewal dates, and supporting OEP’s Senior Development Advisor)
- Working with a web development contractor, oversee the maintenance and improvement of OEP’s website.
- Act as a representative for the organization at events, meetings with partners, and with congressional staff.
- Act as lead author on program deliverables.
- Provide support with various tasks as assigned by the President and Board.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in political science, public policy, communications, or environmental studies
- Previous experience managing a team is desirable
- At least four years of professional experience demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Background or interest in energy policy
- Comfortable working with and leading a small team in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience working on Capitol Hill or in other government positions is desirable
- Understanding of the policymaking process, including the roles of industry, advocacy, and non-profit organizations
- Strong verbal and written communications capability
- Significant fluency in using online tools, social networks, and traditional media
- Background with Cision, LegiStorm, Canva, Hootsuite, Constant Contact, WordPress, or other similar software is beneficial
- Knowledge of and experience with audio/video/photo editing software is desirable
- Familiarity with event planning best practices
- Willingness and ability to travel for events outside of DC if necessary
- Self-starter who can produce results without extensive, constant supervision
This is a full-time W-2 position. Salary is commensurate with experience ($75,000 – $90,000). Flexible time off. Medical coverage. Currently remote with expectations for a hybrid work environment in the future.
The mission of OEP is to facilitate substantive online dialogue on energy policy issues and make that dialogue available as a resource to the American people, policymakers, and the media. Importantly, OEP is not an advocacy organization and has no partisan, economic, technological, or environmental agenda. Our goal is to enhance the development of sound U.S. energy policies by fostering expert discussion and by aggregating energy resources for policymakers, the media, and the American public. OEP also offers a comprehensive energy resource portal, which includes an events calendar, a library of reports, legislation, white papers, etc., recent news headlines related to energy, and new energy legislation.