Tau Technical Communications, LLC
Areas of Expertise: Carbon Capture and Sequestration, Climate Change, Coal, Energy Economics, Energy Efficiency, Environment, Environmental Policy, Infrastructure, Natural Gas, Power Sector, Regulation, Renewables, Transmission
Additional Areas of Expertise: Communications, scientific writing, technology reviews
Dawn Santoianni is Managing Director of Tau Technical Communications LLC and an expert on coal and energy policy. She has provided Congressional testimony on proposed environmental regulations and is a faculty member of the Oxford Princeton Programme. Dawn is an accomplished writer on energy and environmental issues, having published numerous articles, reports and web content on coal power, natural gas generation, regulatory policy and mitigation of environmental impacts. Dawn holds a masters degree in mechanical engineering and has over 20 years experience in the energy industry. As Managing Director of Tau Technical Communications, Dawn helps businesses communicate science and technology to their customers, stakeholders, the public and policymakers.
Recent Posts by Dawn Santoianni
Recent Comments by Dawn Santoianni
- "This is a timely discussion coming on a wave of wintry weather. Coal still serves a vital role in the nation's electricity supply. As Janet points out" on How Can We Enhance The Efficiency Of The Existing Coal Power Plant Fleet?
- "Bruce, to respond directly to your points: 1) We are rich because we consume a lot of energy, about 16 terawatt globally. Agreed - and th" on Growing Poor Slowly: Why We Must Have Renewable Energy
- "If the EPA's Clean Power Plan proceeds to promulgation, then SEPs in the form of SIPs for the CAA 111(d) rule will necessarily have to be coordinated," on A Look At State Energy Plans
- "One potential use for such indicators would be in regulatory impact analysis. For example, when evaluating the benefits and costs of a proposed rule, " on Plenty At Stake: Indicators of American Energy Insecurity
- "This question is answered differently considering utility-scale vs. distributed-scale (community or homeowner) energy storage as well as battery stora" on The State And Promise Of Energy Storage
- "A recent study by the German Association of Energy and Water Industries (BDEW) showed " on The Challenges Of Integrating Renewables On To The Grid
- "The comments by Todd and others about the U.S. power system being outdated (particularly transmission) are spot on. The infrastructure was built based" on The Challenges Of Integrating Renewables On To The Grid
- "To set the record straight, the U.S. is NOT the largest emitter of carbon emissions globally (in terms of total tons emitted). That distinction belong" on Protecting Our Climate and the Middle Class
- "Thank you Congressman Van Hollen for hosting this discussion and your work to address climate change. This is a very important issue on which the U.S." on Protecting Our Climate and the Middle Class
- "Dan, I found this report to have some very curious results without substantive explanation. For example, the industry deemed to have the greatest incr" on Would a carbon tax effectively combat climate change?