Tau Technical Communications, LLC
Areas of Expertise:
Dawn Santoianni is Managing Director of Tau Technical Communications LLC and accomplished writer on energy and environmental issues. She writes about energy technologies for Scientific American, trade magazines, and corporate websites. Dawn has testified before a Congressional subcommittee on proposed environmental regulation, analyzed environmental policies affecting the energy industry, authored advocacy communications, and written technical documents for a wide range of audiences.
Recent Comments by Dawn Santoianni
- "Joel - excellent point about willingness to pay. Those types of surveys are wrought with problems though. The EPA has tried to use WTP (stated prefere" on How Do Americans View Environmental Issues?
- "I see the discussion of job creation and environmental impacts from coal exports as part of a bigger issue - namely that coal use is increasing - not " on Coal’s No Way to Make the Job Market Hop
- "I think having an overseeing group is in principle a good idea, but how that gets funded could pose a new source of political gridlock. I also think s" on Do We Need a National Energy Strategy Council?
- "The NRDC report suggests reducing vulnerability with clean energy vehicles and advanced fuels. Unfortunately those two measures at this point would al" on Is Your State the Most Vulnerable to Gas Prices?
- "I agree with other comments that the conundrum is how US policy would affect carbon emissions globally. Projections from the World Resources Institute" on Carbon Tax on the Table
- "Jesse - excellent points regarding a dialogue that fosters a deeper understanding of global energy markets and STEM education, both of which are sorel" on Your Plan to Drive Energy Innovation
- "Both "plans" lack specifics and are political marketing pieces that lack details and do not address key issues. The Romney platform claims that EPA" on How do the GOP and Democratic Energy Platforms Stack Up?
- "As others have alluded, it isn't an energy plan. It is a political marketing vehicle meant to say very little while using quotes picked from what othe" on Romney Camp Unveils Energy Plan
- "Very interesting piece. Your conclusion "the disturbing realization that the data quality on this extremely important subject is poor....Models of how" on Water-Energy Nexus Debate Heats Up
- "Nick, thanks for the clarifications. One thing I think gets overlooked with regard to EPA regs is that timelines greatly affect compliance costs and t" on Heritage Report Calls on Congress to Save Coal