Tau Technical Communications, LLC
Areas of Expertise:
Dawn Santoianni is Managing Director of Tau Technical Communications LLC and accomplished writer on energy and environmental issues. She writes about energy technologies for Scientific American, trade magazines, and corporate websites. Dawn has testified before a Congressional subcommittee on proposed environmental regulation, analyzed environmental policies affecting the energy industry, authored advocacy communications, and written technical documents for a wide range of audiences.
Recent Comments by Dawn Santoianni
- "Let's separate out some issues, as they are getting muddied by the discussion: " on The Economic Impacts of Eliminating Coal from Our Energy Portfolio
- "Rather than get into a ideological discussion over whether carbon should be regulated, and which sources, the question is whether EPA's proposed rule " on Assessing the Impacts of EPA’s New Coal Power Plant Rules
- "Dave, you hit on a key issue here. Microgrids would have to be sized and produce power at a cost low enough to be "competitive" to be considered a Qua" on Are Microgrids the Answer to the Increasing Complexity of Electricity Markets?
- "This is yet another energy issue where people want to think in terms of either-or terms. Either we can achieve climate goals with renewables " on Can You Be An Environmentalist and Pro-Nuclear?
- "Here is what I see as the crux of energy policy integrated with water policy. You have two issues: usage and effluent. Several of the other comments h" on Can We Make Energy Policy Without Water Policy?
- "Joel - excellent point about willingness to pay. Those types of surveys are wrought with problems though. The EPA has tried to use WTP (stated prefere" on How Do Americans View Environmental Issues?
- "I see the discussion of job creation and environmental impacts from coal exports as part of a bigger issue - namely that coal use is increasing - not " on Coal’s No Way to Make the Job Market Hop
- "I think having an overseeing group is in principle a good idea, but how that gets funded could pose a new source of political gridlock. I also think s" on Do We Need a National Energy Strategy Council?
- "The NRDC report suggests reducing vulnerability with clean energy vehicles and advanced fuels. Unfortunately those two measures at this point would al" on Is Your State the Most Vulnerable to Gas Prices?
- "I agree with other comments that the conundrum is how US policy would affect carbon emissions globally. Projections from the World Resources Institute" on Carbon Tax on the Table