RESOURCES FOR JOURNALISTS
OurEnergyPolicy (OEP) facilitates substantive dialogue on energy policy issues through discussions and events and aggregates resources from across the energy sector for energy professionals and journalists. OEP prides itself on its diverse, non-partisan community, which garners a variety of different perspectives and brings balanced viewpoints. Read more about Our Mission. Read our press releases.
See more information below.
Click here to sign up for OEP press releases.
SOURCES, DATA, & BACKGROUND FOR NEWS STORIES
- Find a source to interview from our community of energy professionals. OEP has a network of more than 1,800 energy professionals across the country (OEP experts), adding to a distinguished Board and Advisory Council. If you are looking for new sources for an article you are writing, or on a particular topic, contact us with the topic, and we will provide you with a list of who might be able to give you the information/quotes that you need.
- Find a chart, data, or other information for a story you are writing. The OurEnergyLibrary is a searchable database of free energy reports that OEP aggregates from across the energy sector and updates weekly. Use it when you need a more focused search than through Google. It contains more than 6,500 energy policy-related reports from organizations including the World Resources Institute, Congressional Research Service, American Wind Energy Association, ClearPath, the Electric Power Research Institute, and BP.
- Receive quotable commentary on energy policy topics from OEP. Energy professionals from across the country with a variety of expertise comment in OEP’s online discussions. For many of these, OEP compiles comment excerpts into a summary document (example) with main takeaways that can be useful as background for reporting. You can also feel free to quote directly from the comment, or contact us to get in contact with the commenter for an interview. View past discussion summaries in press releases on the OEP News page. Contact us if you’d like us to contact you when we distribute a new discussion summary.
WEBINARS AND EVENTS
- Attend & cover a webinar or event. OEP’s distinguished speakers are often on the frontlines of their areas of expertise, and some have made important announcements the day they participated with us. Examples are BP’s trade association announcement the day BP co-hosted a carbon pricing event with us, and former Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz new partnership announcement the day he spoke in our webinar on an energy jobs coalition. Contact us to be added to our event invitation list so you can break the news.
- Moderate one of our webinars or events. Past journalist moderators for OEP events include Robert B. Semple, Jr., of The New York Times and Keiko Morris of the Wall Street Journal. We’re always on the lookout for journalists with strong public speaking and event moderations skills to facilitate a conversation with speakers and panelists in our webinars and live events. Hundreds of energy professionals are attending the new Energy Leaders Webinar Series. Our Energy Leaders Luncheon Series live events in New York City, Washington, D.C., and other cities are suspended until further notice due to COVID-19, but we will resume once circumstances permit. Contact us if you are interested in moderating a webinar or future live event.
- Sign up for the OEP This Week in Energy newsletter for a weekly update on OEP online discussions, along with some of the latest reports, charts, podcasts, and events from the energy sector.
- Follow the OEP Twitter feed (@EnergyDialogue) to see daily news headlines from many news outlets.
- Follow OEP past live events: Read event summaries and/or listen to event recordings.
- Browse OEP online energy policy discussion summaries for a sampling of perspectives from energy professionals across the country on an energy policy topic or specific piece of legislation. Find these in the press releases on the OEP News page.
If you would like more information or have questions about the information on this page, please contact: