Congressman Paul Tonko (D-NY)
Chair, Energy & Commerce Subcommittee on Environment & Climate Change, U.S. House of Representatives
Co-Chair, Sustainable Energy & Environment Coalition
Areas of Expertise:
Congressman Paul Tonko represents New York’s 20th Congressional District, including the communities of Albany, Schenectady, Troy, Saratoga Springs and Amsterdam. He represents all of Albany and Schenectady Counties and parts of Montgomery, Rensselaer and Saratoga Counties.
He is serving his fourth term, after first being sworn into Congress in 2009.
Paul serves on the Energy and Commerce Committee, the oldest standing committee in the House, created in December of 1795. He is the first upstate New York Democratic member of the committee since Leo O'Brien, who resigned the post in October 1966. Additionally, as a member of the Science, Space and Technology Committee, Paul serves on the Subcommittee on Research and Technology, which has jurisdiction over non-defense federal scientific research and development.
Paul previously served on the Natural Resources Committee, Education and Workforce Committee and the Budget Committee.
Recent Posts by Congressman Paul Tonko (D-NY)
- Principles for National Climate Action
- Investing in a Resilient Grid
- Grid Reliability: What Congress Can Learn From New York's REV Initiative
- House Coal Ash Bill is a Step Backwards in Public Health
Recent Comments by Congressman Paul Tonko (D-NY)
- "Thank you to everyone who submitted thoughtful and constructive feedback! We are undertaking an extraordinary challenge as we engage this legislative "
Principles for National Climate Action