DNV – Financing the Energy Transition 2021
Finance, supported by policy and regulation, has an essential role to play in ensuring a clean energy future. Join us at this event as we discuss the pressing questions:
- Is a Paris-compliant energy transition affordable?
- What can financiers, policymakers, and developers do to accelerate the transition?
- And why must the transition also be just?
We explore these questions and many more in our Financing the Energy Transition report, which combines DNV’s independent energy forecast to 2050 with views from leaders in the energy and finance sectors. You can download this report and several others for free from our Energy Transition Outlook 2021 Download Centre.
At this event, we present the findings of the research and consider how to enable the massive redirection of capital needed to deeply decarbonize the world’s energy system – in order to meet the targets of the Paris Agreement.
Ditlev Engel, DNV CEO for Energy Systems, moderates the discussion, bringing together leaders from finance, policy, and the energy industry to address the difficult issues and to consider the opportunities and challenges in financing the energy transition. Speakers include:
- Daniel Wong, Global Co-Head Macquarie Capital and Chair of Macquarie’s Green Investment Group
- Hilde Røed, Senior Vice President Climate & Sustainability, Equinor
- Mike Peirce, Director of Corporate Partnerships, The Climate Group
- Helena Anderson, Co-Founder and COO, Ikigai Capital
- Jeremy Parkes, Global Business Lead for EVs and Author of Financing the Energy Transition, DNV